Monday, December 12, 2011

How can i change my major?

I will be entering college for the first time this Fall as a freshman. When I applied to my school I chose Computer Science as my intended major. But now I want to do Nursing. So is it possible to change my major? I mean, I haven't started taking any classes or anything.



Should I wait until registration day and change my major as I register for classes, or or where should I go to change my major? Like which office?How can i change my major?
yes just go to the department in which you want to change your major to and tell them you would like to major in that particular area



you typically can't actually declare a major till your junior year because you have to meet all the prerequisites firstHow can i change my major?
Go to the department of your prospective major and fill out a request form to change your major. Depending on your university you may not have to meet with an adviser. Also when you are at the department, get a form that lists all the required classes you need to take for that major. Since you have University requirements to take it really won't be a big deal if you change your major right now or later on in the semester. Good Luck for the next four years, college is what you make it (and so far for me, it has been amazing)!
Call the university and ask to talk to an academic advisor for new freshmen. Then ask what you need to do to have a different major. If you know you will talk to an advisor before registration, you could wait until then.
Yeah it's really easy, just go to the registration office, they will have you fill out a form, and that's it! I would do it as soon as possible, just in case. Good luck in your studies!!
It is always possible to change your major!



You can either wait for registration or do it now. Your best bet would be to find the registrars office and ask them their opinion since that is who you would change it with.



I am a nursing student and love it so good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment