Monday, December 12, 2011

My SD memory card isn't being recognised by my computer?

Every time i put it in nothing happens. But if i click on one of the removable devices in my computer the programe becomes unresponsive. So obviously the computer registers a change but i can't click on it to access it. Anyone know how to fix this? It worked fine up to about a week ago..My SD memory card isn't being recognised by my computer?
Buy a new SD memory card. It probably has met its maker if the computer freezes when you try to access it through removable devices. Be sure to check it on another computer first before throwing away to make sure that it is a dead SD card and not an issue with your system software. SD memory cards have a limited read/write lifecycle and are sensitive to handling, temperature, and moisture. Carrying in your pocket or bookbag can smite them as well as leaving it lying in the sun. Also, since they are flash memory devices, RF (radio frequency) and magnetic fields (like those around electrical devices) can fry them as well.My SD memory card isn't being recognised by my computer?
Sounds like theres something wrong with your SD card, its the same principle for a really bad CD/DVD if the disc is really bad when you try and go into my computer it becomes non responsive because it's trying to read it. Try giving the metal connecters a clean. If that doesn't work try it in someone elses.



Hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment