Monday, December 12, 2011

I have bought a 2nd hand laptop and the XP is registered to the last owner, how do I change it?

How do I register the installed XP to my name instead of the previous owner?I have bought a 2nd hand laptop and the XP is registered to the last owner, how do I change it?
rightclick mycomputer, manage - go to users and groups and find his name and change it.I have bought a 2nd hand laptop and the XP is registered to the last owner, how do I change it?
None of these answers worked, I have just decided to leave it as it is for now. The answer voted best is utter garbage and if it was that easy I would have done it myself without asking! PHEW!!

Report Abuse


There is a way, but I honestly don't suggest anyone doing it. Why do you need it in your name? The key itself doesn't matter of the person, it matters for the computer.
If this is an OEM license, it is non-transferable, the license is attached to the hardware, not the owner, so it matters not. If you really must, just change the RegisteredOwner value in your registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi鈥?NT\CurrentVersion
Why bother? As long as it downloads updates, leave it alone.
Dear friend you should know xp's period for it's update and maintainance for xp has been expired. So they will not support or help you. By the way if it is a registered copy than you need not to change the details. Just keep the details with you like Registration Key and Activation Key. Details of owner and address. If you need you can use them at time you need.



for more details on any problem related to any topic pls contact:

http://www.jjnavsofs.we.bs

http://jjnavsofs.110mb.com

http://jjnavsofs.x10hosting.com

jaisingh1006@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment