Monday, December 12, 2011

Router/Internet question...?

I have a Belkin wireless router attached to my desktop along w/ a DSL modem. I also have a laptop that connects to the internet wirelessly. The DSL speed in to the desktop is at 100mbps and the laptop only at 54 Mbps. How can I speed up the laptop? I tried changing channels on the router and plugging the laptop directly in to the router via ethernet but now the Ipod touches in the house can not get online. They wont even detect the network. My laptop automatically registered the change but the ipods will not. How can I speed up the laptop speed AND get the ipods back online? Thanks!Router/Internet question...?
Your laptop's wireless card isn't made to go above 54mbps, its a 802.11g card. Unless you buy another card and replace it in your laptop if possible you can't get it faster. By changing all the settings you made it so that your ipods can't connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment