Friday, November 19, 2010

Are you amazed at the number of people who don't know how to count back change if the cash register fails?

I'm not the smartest person when it comes to math but at least I know how to count back change and am amazed that if the cash register breaks, the cashier has no idea how to do this task. They rely upon a calculator. What if the battery dies in that too.

I was at the store today when this happened. The register was slow, and I asked him ';do you not know how to count back change'; , he said ';It's early in the morning';. We had another encounter, my husband had to tell him the amount of change, and another one, ';she's just started here';.

What's your view on this subject readers??



Am I the only one that thinks the three R's have gone by the wayside? Reading, Writing %26amp; Arithmetic.Are you amazed at the number of people who don't know how to count back change if the cash register fails?
I agree with you that it seems that people do no know how to count change back. It is not taught in school anymore and it seems that the managers do not require it. I am a science teacher and I know that ath skills are lacking instudents. Too many people relying on a calculator.Are you amazed at the number of people who don't know how to count back change if the cash register fails?
LOL! I work at a place that does not allow calculators or anything to count back change. Even the computer won't give me the answer! You learn quite fast how to count back change. I think all places should require people to count back change without the answer in front of them! The education people get today is terrible. Lazy f**kers!
Yes I agree. If the cash register did not tell the change alot of businesses would be in trouble. I even seem to confuse people if the total was 15.24, I give them twenty, they ring it through, then I find 24 cents to give them and all I get back is a blank stare. Unfortunately where I live there is a shortage of workers and stores will hire anybody they can get their hands on. I guess we just have to be careful and count the change ourselves.
It is amazing how people cant count change back however i am one of those people its sad but true i am no good at that i worked at a fast food for one year and the first three months was rough cause the machines did break down finally i got tired of not knowing it was my first job and i decided to learn how to do it before it happend again but there were some days where i just couldnt do it and i would get the paper and pen out and do it or i would do it in my head after about three months of working i was able to do it pretty fast and when i couldnt do it in my head and we were to busy i had to remember how much change to give back. But i also realized that not just math is what is so important in the job its also being kind to customers who get angry and upset when you dont give them the change back correctly and just being polite in general to them. Thats what your paid for right ?? But since i am the customer and when something like that happens i just know that the other person behind the counter is embarrased by it and will figure it out soon like i did and i dont worry about it as long as the person behind the counter is polite to me thats all that matters it doesnt matter if the person cant count change back or not we all have our faults here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment