Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I become a registered dietician (changing careers)?

I received my bachelor's degree in 2004 in sociology and am now interested in becoming a registered dietician. I just want to know what is an acceptable college to attend near me in the Philadelphia suburbs, PA. Is it ok to receive my degree online? For instance, some schools offer an independent study program--what does that mean? How will my career be affected afterwards if I do not attend an accredited school? Am I better off getting my master's degree or is a certification acceptable, and without having much of a science background, how long will it take to finish this degree?



It's hard to find all of these answers online and any help you have to offer would be greatly appreciated.



Thank you.How do I become a registered dietician (changing careers)?
If your goal is to become a registered dietitian, you'll need to major in Nutrition at a school accredited by the American Dietetic Association (ADA). Your course work will include basic science, such as chemistry and biology, as well as statistics.



Many dietitians have continued their studies beyond the undergraduate level, earning such degrees as the M.S. (master of science), the MPH (master of public health), or the PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment