Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you deal with a rude and disrespectful boss?

I began working at a large retail store last year, hoping to become a manager later on. I was started with a very important position: counting all money and making deposits, and also was in charge of price changes. Within a month I saw my general manager begin to disregard my questions and speak to me as if I were stupid. One particular time he was telling me that the reasoning behind me not seeing a cash register change before was because I had been out with surgery (in which I had extensive complications) for a ';exceedingly long time'; in his words, and it had been changed since the previous week. I told him that I was sorry, I hadn't seen it the last time I had run register (3 days prior) and all co-workers I'd talked to hadn't seen it until that morning. He replied, ';Are you DONE?'; Speechless, I let him continue. I eventually had an emotional breakdown, over many things including work, and now work only ten hours/week. I am planning on leaving soon, but how do I deal until then?How do you deal with a rude and disrespectful boss?
You should record what he said or did to you. Then report it to HR. HR will listen to you no matter what. If he has been rude to other people too, it will help your case. If you have evidence, present it to HR too. Especially, the case that you are sick and he sarcastic you. If you are working at a large retail store, they will afraid with law suit. You will be in a great situation. So, report to HR. And if you plan to leave anyway, you have nothing to be worried about.How do you deal with a rude and disrespectful boss?
You eat him
Leave now and tell your boss's boss why. What you have to gain is not worth the peace of mind your losing.
Go to your boss and ask if you can talk to him one on one. Tell him how he makes you feel, but, tell it in a calm manner. He might give you an attitude in response but be strong. Explain how his actions make you feel. Ask him if there is anything that you can do in order to change his view of you. A lot of people are afraid to talk to their boss. Don't be scared. Bosses are humans too. They have feelings too. Go to your boss and talk. Don't lose control of your temper though. Trust me, almost anywhere you go there are always as*holes and b*tches. It is no used to keep on running away. Unless you get a better job offer or it's just out of control. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment