Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the name that is registered on my laptop?

I misspelled my name when I registered my brand new laptop (I know, total fail). I changed everything on my lap to my correctly-spelled name, but with the deeper files; I do not know how to access them. I changed my account name to its correct form. I even did that ';regedit'; thingy and changed the ';RegisteredOwner'; to the correct spelling. HOWEVER, I typed in ';Dap'; (the misspelled name) into the ';search program and files'; option of the Start Menu, and files that contain the word ';Dap'; still appear: ';C:\Users\Dap';, ';C:\Users\Dap\Documents';, ';C:\Users\Dap\Pictures';, etc, etc. How do I change this? It drives me crazy!How do I change the name that is registered on my laptop?
go to control panel and select user account and amend it there

No comments:

Post a Comment