Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why did my computer change IP addresses?

I noticed that my IP addressed---when I'm on the internet---changed. Like, when I'm on gmail, I keep a close watch on the 'details' thing because I have noticed that other computers, that I don't use, use my account sometimes. Yesterday, I noticed that my IP address changed. Normally, gmail registers my IP address as 24-something but now it's registering my IP address as 76-something. This didn't bother me because it didn't seem to affect my computer. But when I was browsing a site I use a lot, it all of a sudden said, ';Your IP address has been blacklisted by http:BL.';



I am certain that this isn't my IP address, and that someone has hijacked my computer/gmail.



What is wrong with my computer? How do I get my old IP address back? How do I get the hacker people to go away?



Thank you!Why did my computer change IP addresses?
it could be that your pc is infected.scan your pc or do a system restore to a day when it was working normally.Why did my computer change IP addresses?
Call your ISP and have them look into it.
Comcast, your probable provider, owns blocks in both 24.x.x.x and 76.x.x.x.

Unless you have a 'VPN' or 'static IP' feature added to your typical personal-use internet account, you are not guaranteed to keep an IP address, as you have a dynamic IP address.

If you stopped using your connection for a period of time(eg., you took a vacation longer than a few days), your chances of losing that IP are increased, as you aren't 'renewing'.

You are likely not hijacked, you simply had your dynamic IP address released. However, as the previous answer suggested, phone in and get your new IP released so you can get a non-blocked one.

And request a static IP to prevent future issues once you're confirmably functional with the IP address they give you next.
If you have wireless internet you can check your current IP address by going to you Command prompt. By knowing your IP you can put a password onto the wireless to protect your connection. If you have vista, just type ';command'; in the start search and it should pop up. Type in ipconfig /all and many different listings should pop up. Look for a ';IPv4 Address... '; ';



Then go to your browser and type in the IP into the address bar and a box should pop up asking for a Username and password. Default is usually admin/admin. This should connect you to your router. And there you can find a ';security'; tab or something similar to set up a password.
It happened when your DHCP server is Enabled in your TCP/IP setting

And about your ';Your IP address has been blacklisted by http:BL.'; then go to www.spamhus.org click on PBL put your IP in lift side box then hit Enter. If you IP in RED color then you IP is listed on Blacklist (Spam list) on the Internet

Then tell your ISP my IP is Listed in Spam List.
If the hops stop at an IP address other than your computer's IP, ... One more thing to consider is whether your network uses internal addresses. In this case, the IP address of your machine as reported by your TCP/IP settings is not reachable from outside your network.
i would wait it might correct it self there have been a lot glitches these days with Yahoo and Goggle
all the answers are wrong except for the one about dynamic ip's



one possibility is someone that had your ip previously, did something bad and got that ip blacklisted, then while your internet was down or you werent connected, he called comcast and asked for a new ip, and you got his

No comments:

Post a Comment