Sunday, November 21, 2010

Does anyone else get pissed off when cashiers act like they can't count change without the register?

I mean seriously. This has happened to me a couple of times. I've given the cashier a $5 or a 10 and the total is like something $.05 or whatever but they have already but in the register that I have given them 10 and proceed to give me the .95 cent but then I tell them I have the nickel and they say it's too late although the drawer is open. I mean do they NOT know how to count change with out the register doing it for them? If they don't then they don't need to be dealing with money! Has this happened to anyone else before?Does anyone else get pissed off when cashiers act like they can't count change without the register?
Unfortunately, this is the norm.



It's a shame that the young people of today can text message quicker than most typists can type, but don't have the basic conceptual ability to understand how to count money.



But it isn't the kids fault. Our society has allowed the basics of living to get brushed aside. Our school system is pumping out young adults who have no idea how to get and maintain credit, how to balance a checkbook, how to budget, and how to buy food. As a result, there are huge numbers of young adults out there who cannot even make basic change without having a calculator or cash register tell them what to do.Does anyone else get pissed off when cashiers act like they can't count change without the register?
Yep, I know what you mean. They can't count, yet they're handling money.
lol i suck at counting by myself, registers rule
it's not a act.

No comments:

Post a Comment