Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change my computer's name under who it was registered to?

I remember I could have made it anything that I wanted to begin. But that dumb thing pops up randomly, I need to change itHow do I change my computer's name under who it was registered to?
Yes, you can go into the registry and change the owner name. You should back up the registry before making any changes鈥攈ere's how...



Go to Start/Run and type in ';regedit'; without the quotes (Win 2000 type ';regedt32';)



With Windows XP (and probably Win 2000) navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft / Windows NT/CurrentVersion



Click the ';CurrentVersion'; folder and look for the ';RegisteredOwner'; key. Double click and change the value to your name. You can also change the ';RegisteredOrganization'; if you want to.



When finished go to File/Exit.



With Windows 98 (not sure about ME but you can try this path) find your way to:



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/鈥?br>


Click the ';CurrentUser'; key and change it to your name.



When finished go to File/Exit.



To verify your changes, right click My Computer and choose ';Properties';. Under ';Registered to'; it should show the new name and organization.



Now the computer is really yours!



hope this helps.How do I change my computer's name under who it was registered to?
Install the fix from the following link to resolve the issue:



http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edi鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment