Friday, November 19, 2010

Can I change the state where my LLC is registered?

I registered an LLC in my home state of NJ. Could I some day in the future decide to change the state of registration to Delaware? And how would I go about it?Can I change the state where my LLC is registered?
You would simply register an LLC in Delaware and dissolve the LLC in NJ. It shouldn't be difficult if you are a Single Member LLC (there are no other members, ie owners). Assuming the name is available in Delaware you could even use the same name as the NJ LLC.



It is also possible to continue using the NJ LLC but operating in Delaware as a ';foreign LLC.'; I understand why you would want to be organized in Delaware but do your homework, the savings may not be as much as you think.
  • from eyebrow waxing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment