Friday, November 19, 2010

Using out of state license plate in Houston,TX problem?

I just moved from Michigan to Houston,TX. I know that within 30 days I should obtain Texas license, re-register ( change to Texas license plate ), please confirm me. However, I will only be in Texas for 7 months.



1. Should i really do all those changes? Because in order to re-register my car , i should also change/buy a new auto insurance in texas, correct me if im wrong. Any suggestions?



2. If so, who and where should I contact?



3. How big is the risk/consequences to be pulled over by Houston police?How much is the ticket?



Thank you so much in advance for any information. Really appreaciate it. Have a wonderful day!Using out of state license plate in Houston,TX problem?
If you are only gonna be there for 7 months and you know that for sure then leave it like it is. Ppl in th military do it all the time and the same with out of state kids going to collage. Since you are not setting up permanent residence. The ticket if you got pulled over is usually a fix it type ticket meaning to get everything transferred within so many days but if this happens I would just go to court and explain to the judge that you are not staying and are only there on a temp basis and moving back to Mich.Using out of state license plate in Houston,TX problem?
http://www.tax.co.harris.tx.us/



Call the Harris Country tax accessor office and ask them these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment