Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change the name my computer is registered too?

When I bought my computer, I was married and put my married name and husbands name in there. Now I want to change it. I want the string C:\Documents %26amp; Settings\(NAME) changed. It seems like I would have to reformat my harddrive to do this. Anyone know another way?How do I change the name my computer is registered too?
all you need is to creat a new administrator account

from control panel click on user accounts and choos creat a new account and fallow the wizard.

and remember that make a backup copy of your data ( mydocuments , favorites ,.. desktop ,.. ny thing you have on this account .) on some where else .

and login with your new account. after making backup and loging on new account you can delete the old account .

but first be sure that you back it up completely ...How do I change the name my computer is registered too?
From the description , it sounds like you need to

change/add new users.



See the enclosed link



http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum鈥?/a>
got to the my computer icon %26gt;right click on it%26gt; left click on properties%26gt;click on computer name%26gt;write ur new computer name%26gt;click on change



thats all ('.__.')
you can use the registry
Go to control panel , And user accounts , and then change the account u want to ...
Yes, I think your right... reformat the hard drive... if you have trouble doing that - remember you will have to boot up your CD rom from floppy disk, if you do not have this CD rom disk, just put on a copy of Lionex, this will format your hard drive... and then remove Lionex with your Windows... as this does the same thing as formatting from Dos, but is better, easier, and a lot less fuss.... as well formatting from Dos really does not remove anything from your computer...







Good luck,
go to Run, type regedit then choose find, type the old name after detected change it repeat this till computer tells you the names are finished , then go and check al lth name now, they must have chang to the new names you want ok
Press the Windows+Pause/Break keys or right-click on the My Computer icon and click on properties. Click on the Computer name tab in the window that appears. Click on the Change... button. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment