Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I change the name my computer is re registered under?

Every time my computer does anything (printing and other things) it says the name of the previous computer owner. I want to change that to my name. I'm assuming that is the name the computer was registered under. I run vista which doesn't seem to have a ';run'; in the start menu.How can I change the name my computer is re registered under?
In vista just type Run in the search bar in the Start menu

(press Start then type run in 'start search' box and run will appear ..



ANYWAY :



To change the PC name follow this



Press Start



control Panel



System and Maintence



System ..See name of this computer(click on it)



On the left hand side of the window you'll see Advanced System settings %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;click on it



Then a window will appear , You can change the computers name under the computer name tabHow can I change the name my computer is re registered under?
The best way to go is create a new user. as the options above and maybe below me may work. they DO NOT change the folder names. Which the OS will still say the previous owners name when completing tasks. To do this go to start%26gt;control panel%26gt; users%26gt; create new user
to change the computer name do this go to my computers properties%26gt;select computer name tab%26gt; write the name u wnt and click apply and ok
Run, in any Windows computer, is Windows Key+R.
Reinstall the OS! Having a run command line or not has nothing to do with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment