Sunday, November 21, 2010

When I registered to vote I registered as a Republican...how do I change my affiliation to Democrat?

It depends on the state you live in. Generally, your party affiliation is irrelevant to how you vote. If you're just concerned about your party affiliation, you can re-register as a democrat as well as vote a democratic ticket. Whether or not your re-registration goes through by election time doesn't matter because either way, you will be a registered voter at the time of the election.



I don't know if this is true today, but I remember being told many years ago that some states have restrictions on how registered voters can vote depending on which party they declare and/or vote for in the primary/caucus. But I don't know which states they are and whether or not such restrictions still apply today. You might want to call your state's voting office and ask.



Depending on which state you live in, you may be able to re-register online at http://www.longdistancevoter.org/verify_鈥?/a>



By the way, your post office should have registration forms if your state doesn't allow online voter registration.When I registered to vote I registered as a Republican...how do I change my affiliation to Democrat?
You can just do it at the voting booth. When I registered to vote I registered as a Republican...how do I change my affiliation to Democrat?
I think you just need to re-register and mark Democrat on the form.
it's not permanent. just change it on election day.
What happened? Head injury? Crack?
You only need to be registerd Republican to vote in the Republican primary. In the general election in November you can vote for whoever you like.



After November, you can re-register at the DMV as a Democrat and then you can vote in Democratic primaries. Except for primaries, it doesn't matter.
Register again, not that it matters since you can vote for whomever you please. However, you will need to be of the appropriate party to vote in the primaries in four years.
It doesn't matter. You can vote for anyone you want.
Just go and re-register and tell them that you are changing parties. I think your daft.. but it's your right. The libertarians are never going to amount to much because they cannot convince anyone with the way they go about it. They also find nothing but washouts from other parties and or complete whackjobs like ronpaul
As people have said, in order to vote Democratic in the upcoming election, you don't need to change your affiliation.



However, to actually answer your question, you just contact the Registrar of Voters in your city/state.
why would you want to do such a thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment