Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you change your political party?

This sounds silly, I should be old enough to know. But when I registered when I was 18, I picked my party because of what my parents were, because I didn't know a difference.

I took a class when I was in college, and a very wise professor explained to us the G'Ment, and what the beliefs were. I found out my beliefs are in a different party then I registered for. How do I change my party on my reservation?

TYIA!How do you change your political party?
Go to: http://votesmart.org/index.htmHow do you change your political party?
I think you can go to your court house and talk to the registrar (sp) of voting?
the same way you registered originally, at a registration location, or get a registration form from a local government office and mail it in
When you go to voting booth choose the party that you want to vote for and not the one you don't want to vote for.
I'd make it conservative and proud to be.
Go and re register at the court house or where ever you did before.
Assuming that you live in a state which has voter registration by party -- not all of them do -- I'd say that you'll have to contact the election officials in that state to find out. And the only way the issue of party registration is pertinent is if your state allows you to vote in a primary election only if you are registered with the party. In the general election, it doesn't matter which party you register with because you can vote for whomever.
Go back to wherever you registered the first time, and if you registered at a desk in the mall or wherever, go to your county clerk or registrar of voters [each county has its own central spot for this sort of thing]. They will have your original registration on file already, just tell them you want to change your party registration. No problem--and congratulations on being that rarest of all critters, an Involved Citizen!
Go to where you registered to vote.



Do not put this off if you plan to vote in a Primary. Many places have deadlines to register to be eligible to vote in Primaries, and they are often much longer than in general elections.
Fill out a new voter registration form and mark the party you'd like to change to.
  • love the person but
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment