Sunday, November 21, 2010

Show name question?? (again...)?

I have a tb gelding named Hank, his registered name is Ten in Front. He's 6 yrs old and is a dark bay. Can I put in a show name that is different from his registered name if I were to show 4-H and some basic circuit shows? Or how would I go about changing his registered name?

Thank youShow name question?? (again...)?
You can use whatever name you like for showing. Most OTTB's have a different show name than their registered name, since the jockey club registered names are usually weird as hell. My mare is ';Sloane Gin Fiz'; and she doesn't have a horse in her pedigree with a remotely similar name... my trainer has a JC registered TB mare whose registred name is ';Boot Scootin' Dixie';... so weird for a tall lanky thoroughbred!



You can use whatever you want, just put that name on all of his medical records and also use the same one with the same spelling every time.



You can change the registered name if you feel like it, it's just not really worth the hassle. Not really sure what that costs. You can't do that if the horse has been bred, but since yours is a gelding I don't think that's an issue!
  • while shopping
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment