Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change my voter registration from one state to another?

I'm a college student going to school in New Jersey, but I consider my permanent residence to be in Florida. I'm currently registered to vote as a New Jersey resident, since I live here 6 months of the year, but I'd like to vote in this coming election (and in future elections) as a Florida resident, where I live the other 6 months. Is there a way for me to change which state I'm registered to vote in?How do I change my voter registration from one state to another?
When you go from 1 state to another to live, that state's DMV office is the usual place you can register; public libraries are often another place to do it. In your case, though, if you're currently in New Jersey, I would Google ';Florida State government'; and when their site comes up, go to Registrar of Voters or Secretary of State (of Florida) and you should be able to do what you want. But time's a-wastin', there is probably a cut-off period, and November 4 is only is 39 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment