Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I convince my parents to get my dog back?

Well I'm 16 years old, turning 18 in a year and a half which is still far away. I don't live in an abusive household or anything. I get three square meals a day. BUT the reason I want to run away is because my parents gave my dog away after we had him for three years! They said I mistreated/tortured/traumatized it. I mean I'm not Michael Vick. My parents' pet peeves was that the dog whined and barked a lot. It was because I made whining noises at him, so he growled and whined back at me. Another thing that pissed them off was that I would blow in his ears and sometimes wrap him up in a blanket and watch him struggle out (was not trying to suffocate him) I know I'm not helping my case, but those were what i thought were the worst things i did. Plus, they said he was traumatized because whenever I got home from school, he would run away under my parents' bed. They believed he should instead greet me and jump at me instead. Anyway, later he would warm up to me and let me pet him and lick my hand. He usually barks when there are unknown visitors in the house. We had to give him away to the original owner who offered to find us a new owner for him. He found one, which was some girl who was a vet med student. I know it sounds like he's in a better place, but I just want him back. It's been a month since I've seen him, and every day I cry at night thinking about him (and I'm a GUY!) I can't wait until I am 18 because then the new owner would be attached to him, and if I asked for him back, I probably wouldn't get him back. I always thought I would keep him until the day he died, but I was wrong. The quote ';you never know what you have until it's gone'; holds very true for my situation. If I can't run away because the legal consequences are too severe, then what should I do? Should I wage psychological warfare on them? I'm pretty good with lying and manipulating, which is a devious behavior. I would consider myself an expert at malingering, but I don't think anything I could do right now would MAKE them bring him back. History-made myself appear as a suicidal individual and I got to skip 2-3 weeks of school due to a ';medical ailment';, skipped school for a day by acting like I was insane (pretended to be schizophrenic and screamed there were demons around me and they bought it), When I went to a restaurant, I left and told my parents I wouldn't come home with them until they registered me for a 24 fitness pass, so i evaded them until they relented to my demands. Also remembered putting a knife to my wrist, to get another thing, but I don't remember what that was. I could describe myself as a sociopath, but I don't resort to violence. Maybe even a control freak. I guess I lack remorse or empathy towards others because I dont feel sorry for manipulating my parents although I occasionally feel guilty. I have been to a mental institution because of suicidal ideation (although I faked it) and I thought everyone there was legitimately insane. i.e. stitches where they cut themselves. I don't think I can pull that suicidal/insanity sh!t anymore because they've caught on, so the next best thing is for me to leave a run away note and leave, but I need a plan for that. I just feel as though something in my life is missing. My parents said I have to be more ';RESPONSIBLE'; and respectful, but that's a grey area. How can I show that ASAP? Or do I really have to do something DRASTIC. I've been to plenty of psychologists, and they've all quit on me because I talk to them normally and respectfully so it looks like my parents are fabricating some crazy story. I act normal in public although I'm shy and don't talk much, but when I get home it's like I have a personality change. My parents say I'man angel at school, but the devil at home, although in other households I think it's the other way around. My parents are more than capable of financially supporting the dog. Also I live in Katy, TX, but my dog moved to somewhere in Dallas. Well, that's my situation. I know that the law is not on my side, and I have no idea if the new owner will return my dog back. Well that's my situation. I guess most of you will say I don't deserve my dog back or think I'm crazy, but I'm just glad I vented my frustrations.How do I convince my parents to get my dog back?
May I suggest getting a worm as a pet they can take lots of abuse you can even cut them in halfHow do I convince my parents to get my dog back?
yes you were abusing the dog.

licking your hand was out of fear and submission not love.

hopefully you'll never get another animal

you need to talk to the therapist as yourself
Just sayin, Michael, I'm fairly certain they put it down. And by that I mean had it gassed at the vets office. Just sayin.
You do lack empathy and remorse. Frankly, you have issues. Pets are not safe with you (even though you miss your dog, you were not a good owner).



I suggest you go back to the psychologist and work for real on your problems. Maybe you can overcome your problems.



PS- you are not really fooling your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment